Friday, August 31, 2018

Box Review: August Uppercase Box


Happy Friday friends! As the month ends, I am excited to share my unboxing & review of the August Uppercase Box.

Each month, they offer signed new release YA novels with a small amount of goodies and access to extra features on their site to further connect with readers!

Included in August’s package:


9 3/4 Harry Potter travellers notebook 📓
“You Are a Rare Edition” Cards ♥️
Dance of Thieves sword necklace 🗡
BOOK: Dance of Thieves by @maryepearson (SIGNED) 📖 (The maps in this novel are also stunning!)

Also included was a bookmark featuring codes that unlock a variety of exclusive content to Uppercase readers!



Review
Overall, I couldn't be happier with my experience from the August Uppercase box. The team (especially Melissa) was a pleasure to work with, and always were patient and polite with me (which I greatly appreciate). The bag was mailed in a plastic envelope to avoid tears or weather damage, perfect for unpredictable weather year round. My package was in the mailbox for a day, and the envelope kept it clean and safe.

Now for the fun stuff - a.k.a. the GOODIES! Having seen photos from friends and fellow Uppercase subscribers, I knew the company always chooses highly anticipated new YA releases, and this month's pick was perfect. Mary E. Pearson's Dance of Thieves is a fast paced fantasy set in the same fictional world as her other series, and is already receiving great reviews. I learned afterwards that each month Uppercase works hard to ensure each book is SIGNED, adding extra value to the readers - and I appreciate very much. Along with an exciting novel, each box includes a couple bookish items, a letter explaining the book choice, as well as access to exclusive online content. I loved the artwork on the cards featured in the crate, but my favourite bookish item was definitely the sword necklace! It will compliment lots of outfits, and look cute in photos for all you bookstagrammers.  

This online content is unlocked with special codes included in a bookmark that is added in the bag. This author content usually includes a behind-the-scenes video from the author, as well as quizzes, discussions, and other activities for readers to connect and interact. I love the idea of meeting other readers and sharing opinions about the book included that month, and it further increases my excitement about each monthly box from Uppercase.
Keep in mind friends, it is only available in Canada & the U.S.A. currently, but maybe it will expand in the future. Overall, I highly recommend checking out Uppercase Box for Young Adult readers if you enjoy fun new YA releases, high quality items, and interacting online with fellow book lovers. 


Thank you to the team for the opportunity to the August crate, and I look forward to working with Uppercase Box in the future!